i) He/ she should attain the age of 17 years or more on 30-12-2013. The age shall be determined as
per entry in the Matriculation/Secondary school or its equivalent examination certificate.
ii) The candidate should have passed Sr. School certificate examination10+2 of Board of School
Education, Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks
in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together (40% marks in respect of candidates belonging
to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Backward class/ Special Backward class and 45% marks
in case of Physically handicapped candidates of Haryana State) and must have also passed the
subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually.
1. Admission through counseling to MBBS/BDS courses will be based on NEET
MERIT UG-2013 as per direction of Government of Haryana Department of
Medical Education and Research Notification no.16/4/2013-6HB-IV(2) dated 27.6.2013
which is part and parcel of the prospectus. Also please refer to Chapter
VIII ‘Process for admission to open merit category’.
2. The candidates passing qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible
provided they fulfill the conditions laid down at (i & ii) above.
3. The list of examinations recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examinations of Board of School
Education, Haryana is available in the Academic Branch of the University as well as on the
University website www.uhsr.ac.in.
DURATION OF COURSES
1) The course of studies leading to the award of Degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of
Surgery (MBBS) shall last for a minimum period of five and half academic years including one
year compulsory rotatory internship.
2) BDS course is of 5 years including one year compulsory rotating internship.